Scripps Ranch High School finished in First Place and Academy of Our Lady of Peace finished in Second Place in the 11th Annual San Diego High School Mock Trial Competition that concluded on February 25, 2017.
OLP was invited by the Constitutional Rights Foundation to the state tournament as the Wild Card Team. Both Scripps Ranch High School and Academy of Our Lady of Peace went on to represent San Diego County in Riverside on March 24-26, 2017.
2016-2017 Summary of Results
- 60 trials between 2/16, 2/21, 2/23, and 2/25/2016
- 574 students from 28 high schools participated in the San Diego County Competition (29 teams had registered)
- Up from 4 initial schools in 2007
- Up from 25 schools in 2015
- 4 rounds of competition. Each team competed twice – both prosecution and defense
- 58 state and federal trial judges, magistrates, and commissioners presiding over 60 trials (some presided twice)
- 81 attorney coaches volunteered
- 214 attorney scorers volunteered to score the 4 rounds of the Competition and the Championship round
- 65 courtroom monitors volunteered including JusticeCorps students, law students, and paralegals from the San Diego Paralegal Association
- Scripps Ranch High School went on to compete in the Finals of the California State High School Mock Trial Competition in Riverside on March 24-26, 2017